Sunday, September 4, 2011

A Fine How-Do-You-Do

There's a spider loose in my room.

I wouldn't mention it except that it's big. It's a big spider. It's the scurrying kind. Elongated and ergonomic. Not like the lumbering fragility of the Daddy Long-legs. This one looks ready to put up a fight. It's made two laps around the scanner, which is how I noticed it. The problem is that I have a stack of past paycheck stubs (clipped together and ready for archiving), a pad of paper, a two-hole puncher, a post-it pad, a newspaper section, a tour book of New York, and a battery operated mosquito repellent on top of the scanner.

So you see, the spider has the upper hand. The element of surprise. I'd have to clear all of those things before I got a chance to lift the scanner and all the commotion would give the little bugger plenty of heads up.

I can't just spray the shelf that it's on because those chemicals are usually not good for the plastic rating that is used for technological gadgetry. I made the mistake of using mosquito repellent once and just because I brushed up against the bed frame, part of the finish melted off. I don't want to take a chance with the scanner.

Now what?

No comments:

Post a Comment