Wednesday, July 7, 2010

'Nother Day, 'Nother Quake


Apparently this one was in the fives as well, but since I was driving around, doing errands, I remained completely unaware until returning home and switching on the television.

Centered in San Diego, I'm guessing I would have otherwise felt it.

You'd think, by the way, that having grown up in this here region of the world, that I'd have all my ducks in a row. Not the case.

Many moons ago, I had a very organized kit in the car that took into consideration such emergencies as car failure and natural disasters. I had a side of the road kit with jumper cables, flashlight, flares, blanket, radio, and empty gas container. And I had a kit with water, some power bars, a pair of old sneakers, pen, paper, and first aid kit.

Then my old jalopy got broken into. Piss. They took everything in the trunk and I've never gotten around to replacing all those things. I'm guessing it's time to get off my butt.

No comments:

Post a Comment