Sunday, July 11, 2010

With All Due Respect



I got a question a few posts ago and it coincided with my own inner rumblings, so I'll address it here.

Where do I get my images? Well, I'll tell ya. I get them online. I do an image search on Google, and I also do an image search on deviantart.com, a wonderful site full of fantastic original artwork of truly amazing quality.

Now, having said that, I recognize that most images on line are sort of a free-for-all, though not all of them, and certainly not the ones on deviantart.com. Here lies the conundrum. Some of the images that I've used have the artist or website that they come from already incorporated, so I feel ok about using them, besides which I'm not using the images for any profit or gain whatsoever. And let's face it, it's not like this place gets much traffic. *Snort*.

Still, I'm going to take the steps necessary to be sure and always attribute any images that I use by including a footnote at the end of each post. I'm an Art Historian and a critic at heart. I can't help but have a fascination with images. But if anything gets posted here, I've never done so with any intention of claiming credit whatsoever. If I've posted an image it's because I've found it beautiful and striking in some way, not to mention relevant to my ramblings. So I can only hope that artist would take my "borrowing" as a compliment, as it is meant no other way.



*Image: pageweb.com

No comments:

Post a Comment