Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Last of the Trinity

So far we’ve covered two of my little passions: Books and food. Time to complete the list of magicalness. Music is the third of the trinity. I can rarely go too long without some music in my atmosphere. I really do live my life with music as my soundtrack, relating to various genres and artists as the situation dictates.

I’ll eventually go into further detail, but right now, I know what you’re thinking. You’re thinking, “Hey, waitaminnit…Aren’t you supposed to be an ART geek? Shouldn’t art occupy the place of one of the three ‘nities’?” Yes, but no. You see, art is already the umbrella. All of the three “nities” are simply forms of art. Food is an art. So’s writing. And music is, too. In which case you could argue that Fine Art should be one of the three in the trinity, and then you might have a position worth debating. Such a move might induce me to shove Fine Art in there and just create a more inclusive group but, then, who ever heard of a quadrinity? Not so poetic, is it? Sort of lands flat. Not very impressive, that.

I’m gonna have to rethink this.


*Image: gogeometry.com

No comments:

Post a Comment