Monday, June 27, 2011

Funny Words

Balm, salve, pomade.

Having showered, I'm applying one of my 22 varieties of body lotions that I've been gifted over the years. You know the kind. The fall back basket of lotions and soaps. I haven't purchased soap in about 4 years. I'm finally down to my last bar of glycerine soap (Cool Dawn scented) and will continue with the almond cherry liquid soap I inherited at a temp assignment about 3 years ago. I was working in the offices of an industrial building and I was so enchanted with their heavy duty dispensed soap (crushed almond shells made it a scrub texture) that the lead mechanic gave me a huge dispenser refill and I've had it in my closet ever since.

The lotions are proving harder to get through. At the moment, freshly showered, I have saturated my body with Cranberry Canneberge body butter from The Body Shop. I am supple. There is no further surface area that requires moisturizing. And nary a dent in the body butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment