Sunday, June 19, 2011

I've Gone and I'm Back

I was this close to calling this a day to stay in bed. I'm somewhat lethargic, and was slow to become vertical this fine day.

But vertical, I am, and finally tied my hair up in a pony tail and set out to the grocery store for this week's oddities:
  • goat milk
  • bananas
  • cheese
  • chocolate chip cookies
  • pistachio gelato
  • orange juice
  • 3 cans of coconut juice
  • yogurt
  • oranges
  • spinach
The goat milk was a curiosity, long awaited. I like it. It has an earthy taste. Sort of nutty or buttery. I don't see me switching over from the cow's stuff, as it is a bit rich and a flavor that takes getting used to. But I do think I'll occasionally buy it as a treat.

The bananas and yogurt are for the daily morning fruit smoothies that I've taken to making now. I have finally gotten serious about cutting out coffee from my mornings. I used to be only an occasional coffee indulger, usually seeing it as a treat, like dessert of some kind. But I've noticed that when I work in places that have coffee at the ready, I tend to help myself, so I've gotten into the habit of drinking coffee as a default move on a more regular basis than I am comfortable with. I've managed to substitute the coffee with green tea, but sometimes I want something more flavorful, hence the smoothies. However, I've noticed that the smoothies are more satisfying and they also take care of the problem of me not getting enough fruit in my diet.

The orange and coconut juices are simply because I don't drink soft drinks so I have to get creative about what i can find to drink that's refreshing. I've always defaulted to iced teas and juices.

I'm gonna have a salad now.

No comments:

Post a Comment