Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Calling All Techies

See the pretty flower? It’s lovely, innit? Mm-hm.

In April I was fiddling with my cell phone and in the spirit of April showers I put up a picture of water drops on glass as my wallpaper. That was going on 4 months ago, now. I’ve not changed said picture. I’d like to. I’d like to put up that pretty daisy.

I have absolutely no idea how to.

I’ve tried everything within my imaginative and logical thought processes, all to no avail. I’ve emailed it to myself, I’ve searched for (and found it) on my phone, I’ve attached it to my email, I’ve embedded it in an email…

What gets me is that I clearly managed to do this once before. Refer to the image of raindrops, please. I guess this would all be easier if I had one of those schmancy, latest-model gizmo phones. Mine is not a smartphone. At best, it’s somewhat clever. I can make and receive calls. I can text. I can even check my email and respond to stuff. I can perform some searches, but I usually can’t open any actual web pages. I don’t have a data plan, so even if the gadgetry allowed for it, it’s not something I’ve signed up for.

This is not a complaint. I actually don’t use my phone enough to justify the kind of bills that a data plan and smartphone would rack up. I know this because I’ve been coasting on rollover minutes for about 4 months now, with little need to bump up my monthly plan in the near future. I’m quite content with my phone. It’s low maintenance, not designed to impress anyone, serves its purpose, and keeps my bills down. It’s like me.

I just can’t seem to get the dang flower to stick to the dang screen so I can have a pretty screen to look at.

Which brings me to my next point. I know it’s not a phone problem. I’m a big girl. I can say it. I’m technologically inept. Not completely, mind you. Just have some blind spots, is all. It’s almost like I’m an informed luddite. I get it, I just don’t get all of it. As much as I’m a relatively educated woman and can dance circles around much of the basic 21st century techno-novelties, this phone is kicking my butt. In this I have conceded victory and am ready, willing, and able to accept some form of tutorial so as to move on, for the love of God, and not be crushed by a mere piece of plastic with cyber-guts.

If you live near or around me, please come to my rescue.

No comments:

Post a Comment