Saturday, July 16, 2011

"So, how did the lesbian handle her caulk?" - John

It's a long story but if you ever meet Dina, she tells about the adventures of caulking her bathtub with her butch lesbian neighbor really well. This is one of the many shared stories as we stood in line outside the Jon Lovitz Comedy Club last weekend.

I'd been wanting to see the show, an informal Hollywood-tabloid-type set up with Ralph Garman from KROQ's morning radio show, and Kevin Smith, of various independent films. I finally managed to draft a few friends into making the trek to the far reaches of Los Angeles with me. There was much laughing, as there ought to have been, but not nearly enough drinking, as I'm not really one to booze it up in any extreme way. What surprised me was that even the two hefty portions of vodka tonic had little effect.

Nonetheless, there was happiness to be had, and had it was. Laughing is good. I highly recommend it.

I'm going to go harass the fridge now.

No comments:

Post a Comment