Wednesday, June 4, 2014

March 16, 2014 - A Cuppa



It's hard to burn tea, but I managed.

We make herbal teas a lot in Mexico, instead of green or black teas which are true teas. In this case I had dried mint and we actually toss the dried leaves in to a small (quart) pan with water and let boil.

But my tutoring client arrived and we settled into start our lesson and I forgot the dang pot on the stove so the water was evaporating and leaving the brown herbal deposits on the sides of the pot and almost completely reduced to just the leaves.

Sheesh.

I managed to find a few dandelions in the yard yesterday and made a tea but I don't think there were enough (I had about 12) to get a strong flavor. It was pretty mild and when I added honey it was just sweeter without accenting the flavor. I'll have to try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment