Friday, June 25, 2010

Owie

I'm watching The Impressionists, episode two. i don't recommend it to anyone with less than an obsessive interest in art. It's highly biographical as well as historical. Dramatic effect is minimal, though the story telling is still "good" if you like the silly little benchmarks of the impressionist movement along the way. There are no plot lines to untangle, no resolutions to look towards. It's just the retelling of a time line that is relatively well-known.

Movies like these remind me that I've seen many other movies - movies that have no intention of reflecting on art - that at some point or other surprise me and pull me out of story mode and show me an iconic pose or position.


I was about to go into a whole lecture and side by side comparison of movie scenes with famous paintings, and I ran out of steam. I'm tired of thinking and want to just lean back and watch the movie.

The "owie" was a reference to the fact that I just ate an unacceptably unhealthy amount of salted pumpkin seeds and my lips and tongue now hurt, and I countered the salt with half a liter of blueberry juice which was too sweet, and now my system is really freaked out and going, "WTF was that all about?! How about some recognizable food, you freak of nature?" Or something to that effect. But it's past ten now and I'm even less energetic than I was around dinnertime when the cooking of some kind of meal would have been appropriate. Now the thought of even turning over in bed has me
grumbling with inner complaints. There should be people one can hire to turn you over and prop up your pillows. That's what I think.

Anyway, I'm going to end here because lying on my stomach with my top torso supported by my elbows and my forearms flexed for typing on my laptop is only enchanting for so long and is quickly losing its appeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment