Saturday, March 12, 2011

Foodie on a Mission

Ok, so we're all familiar with my love affair with books. I don't think I've yet talked about my second love involving food. Specifically, the ingestion of.

Where to begin? I love food. Mostly, I lean towards the savory variety. I'm not so big on sweets, though a good dessert once in a while is much appreciated. But salt is my undoing. Cravings are usually in that vein and can be as simple as potato chips or as complex as a prosciutto and goat cheese omelet with rosemary potatoes. The latter happens to be my latest craving and I'm having no luck finding an establishment that will honor me with the goods. I've Googled it, such is my desperation. The problem is that I used to go to a place that made it and it has since closed down. It's a very specific order, so as much as I can find variations on it, I've not found it exactly like that.

I know what you're thinking. You're thinking I should just make it myself and be done with it. But you know how it is. There's a difference between making a hamburger at home and buying one from the experts. Or hot dogs. Have you ever made a hot dog at home that tasted like the street vendors'? Exactly. So you see my dilemma.

I always end up getting Eggs Benedict instead. Not that I'm complaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment