Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I Need to Borrow a Husband

I bought a shower head filter and I tried to install it last weekend. I was unsuccessful. It's a simple task, in theory. I know the steps involved; they're not complex. I've even done it in the past. The problem is that having located a wrench to unscrew the existing shower head, it refused to budge.

Either my elbow grease is non-existent (not completely out of the realm of possibility); dad has epoxied the darned thing; or the hard water has accumulated, binding the threads shut. After much huffing and puffing, standing on the rim of the tub and pushing at the thing at an awkward angle, I've come to accept that the only hope is to toss a hand grenade and hit the deck. That or try the vinegar-in-a-bag trick, overnight.

I'm going to wait a bit until my self-esteem resurfaces and then give it another go.

No comments:

Post a Comment