Sunday, May 22, 2011

Soft Wrestling

'Memba This?

Must Re-Think that Mensa Membership Application

I’ve been at the same company for a year now and have worked my way up two rungs and a hefty raise. I still don’t know how to change the toilet paper.

To her credit, the Accounting Department lady decided that it was time to give everyone a refresher course since there were a couple of us who were new and finding new toilet paper rolls propped up on the old cardboard tube was probably getting old for her. She went about it very official-like, setting up a “training demonstration” via Outlook, invited all us newbies and any veteran who might want to join. We had to accept the invitation on our calendars and then were to show up at the bathroom just as officially as if it were a department or floor meeting.

Alas, just prior to my scheduled training, I was finagled into a telephone conference by the company’s owner, due to some unforeseeable changes that needed to be made. So I missed the infamous training where Accountant Lady ushered everyone into the ladies’ room and shared some magical secret or other.

So, now everyone in the building but me knows how to change the toilet paper roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment